Friday, June 5, 2009

The midnight hour

Well, today is my last day at work.

Crazy. I am off until July 2010. It seems even more surreal this time than it did on my last day before I left work to have Brandon. Is it because I (half) know what expect??

It has felt like a sprint getting to this point - like I am in no big rush to be done, although reality may hit sometime next week when I don't have to get up and get ready for work... I am really hoping I get a week (fingers crossed) before baby decides to make their appearance so I can just putter, and do some stuff, and then do nothing at all - except maybe read a book.

Leaving work is different this time - when I left the last job before my mat leave, I was done. I didn't expect to come back for long, and this time, I know I am in for the long haul - maybe switch positions in some unknown future, but I like my job, I fit in there, and the neatest thing that happened, is that I have peers that I like and call my friends. Who knew? Not saying I didn't have friends at my previous (recent) jobs, this time around it has felt different, like I am a better fit at this place and in this time. So today, I will hit the Canadian institution for some donuts and muffins, and hopefully go out for lunch, and once I get my last tasks done... clean out my last bits and pieces, and then head home for a rest.

A whole year. It stretches out before me and yet I am having a hard time conceptualizing past the next few weeks.. I guess it is because everything depends on the personality of numero two. I wonder what they will be like - easy going, high maintenance, somewhere in the middle? Time will tell.

Shock of all shocks, today may be a day where I manage multiple posts.

Ah yes, must love the waking up at 2:30 in the morning for a bio break and then not being able to fall asleep again. This is getting old.

No comments: