Monday, June 22, 2009

I didn't really think I'd see 40 weeks again!

So much for second babies coming early - definitely not the case with us!

I think the part I look forward to the most in my maternity appts is hearing the baby's heart rate through the Doppler. I find it oddly comforting. That and feeling baby move and shift. Some days I am really aware of the movements, and other days, not as much. Some nights I am really conscious that it could happen any time, some nights I am sleeping like a baby.

If things don't start happening before the weekend we are going to be induced again. It's actually a relief - I have a date in mind if things don't happen before Saturday... well, then we may be helping things along with another induction. Time will tell. Although, at this point, I see baby waiting until the weekend.

Ken and I went and saw Angels and Dem0ns today... I enjoyed it - it was good - definitely like Mr. TH with shorter hair and not the long mop he wore for the last movie.. There is something to be said for having the time to research and spend your time delving in to the great mysteries of life and secret knowledge but that just doesn't seem to be my fate. I love reading, and I would be lost without my books - but I don't have it in me at this stage for that kind of sustained research and writing. I learned that when I reconnected with an old friend that is aiming to be a university prof - damn, there is a lot of publishing and conferences, and reading, and writing, and asking for grants, and trying to get postings... makes me appreciate my niche in the post secondary world a little more.

So, more hurry up and wait... I am well, baby is well, and days are flying by.

No comments: