Friday, June 19, 2009

All packed, no where to go ... yet!

I had strange dreams last night - many of which involved me being aware on some level that my water was breaking and maybe now it was time to have this baby, and then waking up to ... nothing. Just a sore hip and time to make my next flip over to my other hip. Or a bio-break, seeing as those happen every few hours as well!

With Brandon, I fully expected to go late - this time, I think I was a lot more skeptical about whether or not I would hit 40 weeks... Seeing as that is Monday, it is looking more and more like a reality. We are all getting a little impatient... we are ready to meet our new baby!! Boy or girl, what do you look like??? Who are you??? Or as ready as you ever are... I know I kept saying that the Solstice would be nice, but it seemed liked such a long shot, and frankly, that's SUNDAY!

Yesterday I kept Brandon home and Ken got off work early so it felt like a day where we played hookey - I got a new vacuum (and it rocks, it is amazing how having a good vacuum that truly cleans your carpets can be a big deal, but it is. Kazzicus Domesticus strikes again) and we brought Ken's mom lunch (she is back at home). She looks and feels awesome,albeit a little tired - hard to believe she ended up going through not one but two angiograms/angioplasty procedures. She feels better too, which is a big relief. Of course, now we tease each other that she made it to the hospital first, and well, we are still waiting. Make for interesting times.

Today - I have finally cracked open World With0ut End by Ken F0llett... It has been a few years since I read Pillars of the Earth, but the two novels are only loosely linked... Although I may be interrupted reading this book... (800 plus pages) I figure it will keep me going for a while... I am half at a lull of what to read... my book club is meeting early next week but I didn't know what they were reading until a few days ago and my copy of the book is en route, and well, the chances of me being not available early next week are high, so I will just read the book club book and hold my opinions for later (we are going to read The Book of Negroes)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope bebe shows soon for you :) in the meantime you know our number..

Kazzy said...

thanks girl! been frittering my days away with projects so far, and just being selfish, but will see what happens after bebe arrives and we adjust to life with two and our world expands again! will be time to get out and about again :D hook up and play!