Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is today the day?

Slowly creeping towards 39 weeks (next monday) and enjoying officially being off work... I was so done Friday night when I wheeled my things out of work that the feeling lasted through the weekend. Definitely tired.

I am a few days in to my "vacation" and it has been nice to begin puttering, and nesting, and getting stuff organized. With a second, you definitely aren't as organized as early as you are with the first! Procrastination anyone?

I wake up in the morning, and I can't help but wonder, will it be today?? I think I have about a week, but I can't be sure. I don't think I have really dropped yet, but again, I can't be totally sure either. What I know is that every day I don't have the baby, I am one day closer to having the baby. LOL. It is still incredibly nice at the mat appts to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler. Loud and strong. It is very assuring. I feel bigger and smaller than with Brandon, or at least more aware and content with my pregnant self.

I was asked yesterday if I will miss being pregnant - some of it. Feeling your baby move, feeling like you have this incredible secret, this life moving inside of you. The sore back and stretched out belly, well, that is a little harder to miss, and the heartburn, not so much. Once again, I feel pretty fortunate to have had a good pregnancy. Aside from being really tired at times, I have done well overall. I can't say that there have been huge differences between my pregnancies - I think the biggest difference is having walked down this path before. It is easier when you have an idea of what to expect, what changes are going to be coming.. but now, in the final stages, it is almost crazier having an idea of what to expect from labour. Knowing about the pain, and then the joy, and then how quickly time continues to march forward from such an amazing life event.

So, enough nattering, time to go and putter. I need to find my b'feeding pillow, and receiving blankets, and some more baby stuff. I am closer to where I feel I should be for preparations, but really, can you ever be prepared?

No comments: