Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Halfway to something

Today marks the halfway point of my mat leave. 6 months from now, I shall be returning to work. Tonight I am heading out to see a friend and coworker off as she moves on to the next step - that being retirement for her. It will be good and strange to hang with the ladies tonight; especially since the last 7 months have been focused on life at home and family rather than on work, or work politics, or how things are going, or changes to technology, or personality interaction or any of those fun elements that come along with that four letter word. It will be interesting to momentarily jump back in to the fray - some stuff I miss, some stuff I don't. I have mixed feelings about going back to work, which I didn't really expect back in the day. With a whole year ahead and a baby in my belly I had no idea how things would look a few weeks in to the future, let alone a whole year with a one year old and looking at daycare.

Daycare is a whole other animal. The cost. The trust. The going back to work and letting someone else love and care for your child. I am trying to do some creative arranging of my work hours, and time will tell how successful I am in that.

I am fighting something. Sunday night it was the shakes, and I have had a persistant head ache for the last few days. Last night we slept like hell, and I had planned to sleep when Brandon took his first nap today, but he seemed to do fine with a cat nap (20 minutes), and I am sure you could hear my groan all through the house because a cat nap didn't give me enough time to fall asleep! Ah well, I am whinging a bit. It is the headache and not feeling right that has me just a wee bit under the weather. Socializing tonight should be a good distractor! I am attacked by the blahs though.

No comments: