Saturday, January 6, 2007

Almost normal

Today has been wacked. Last night was one of the few times I actually played the "honey, I need help. Please. Just take him for a little bit. I am done" card... Brandon woke up about 4ish and decided that he was up. A bottle didn't help, the girls didn't help, my soothing wasn't getting anywhere close to putting him back to sleep. So shortly after 6, dad got the call up. About 9:30 Brandon was deposited back in bed with me, and then I got to wake up to a special coffee (read nothing like a bailey's kick on the weekend to get things going) and donut about 11ish (oh forsooth, how the hell did we manage to stay in bed sooooo long????) and somehow the wee hours seemed to shrink in to the past.

Jax gave me a zen momma book, and although I have not read it straight though, when I really need it, this book has helped find me peace. The writer seems to have found the right touch in the quagmire of motherhood and when I have needed some written comfort, this book has been where it is at for me. Last night, prior to the unholy wake up, this book was a godsend, much like it was when I went through all those issues with learning how to breastfeed.

Tonight was blissfully normal. Went to Ken's hockey game and hung with the gals. It was an early game (which helps), they won, and we all talked a lot and got caught up. Granted, it is 9pm and it feels like 11. Brandon had a nap after the game so got to enjoy a brewski and buffalo wrap and just yabber. It is hard to articulate what the last few weeks have been like - the worry, the highs of the season, the preparations, the stress of the hospital visits, recovery, and then at times just not really wanting to venture far from home since home became a bit of a safe zone for a while.

Speaking of which, damn did my kid look cute tonight. Hockey socks, actual pants outfit, and Canucks hoodie. Not even 6 months and already a rink rat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you Kazzy. I'm almost normal too.