Friday, January 5, 2007

A new chapter

Well, we made it through our 2 week check up with the surgeon with flying colours. I breathed a big sigh of relief and my sweetheart got to say "I told you so". I get to be the worryer some days, and justifiable after what we went through. Brandon has recovered and is doing well. He is a gurgling, goofy, active baby whom is learning how to use his body. Kids are resilient. I also think we are very fortunate at how quickly everything happened.

With a few social exceptions, I have not been feeling all that chatty in the last few weeks. A little emotionally burned out perhaps? Reading like a Dicken's novel, the last few weeks have swung one way and then the next leaning towards a tough haul but a positive one. So, if you haven't heard from me in the last while, don't take it personally, I just haven't been anything close to my normal social self.

Last night we got a dusting of snow and this morning the weather is doing a bit of the funky chicken and doesn't know what it wants to do. What it amounts too is big fat globules of rainish-snow or a helluva lot of precipitation. I have half an ear paying attention to the world juniors game, Canada is all over the Ruskies and well on their way to asserting their hockey dominance. I realized this morning I have paid a little more attention to football this season than the comings and goings of hockey. WTF? Maybe because the football teams I like have done well, but I guess I still have a bit of a hangover from the strike, and then from how stupid ticket prices are to go to a game. I would rather go to a junior hockey game where $50 gets you 2 tickets and a couple of beers rather than a mere body part through the door at the other place.

Today is the chosen day for the tree to come down. Funny though that now I have the chance I am posting instead of taking down ornaments...we got a fantastic tree this year but the Christmas season already feels like a lifetime ago. So this is a total ramble that is dancing all over the place and although there have been a few funny things I have thought to post about, they seem to have vacated the premises.

No comments: