Thursday, January 25, 2007

a leap of hair faith

I mentioned I need a hair cut.

My hair is really long. I love having long hair but this is almost ridiculous. It has almost been a year since I had it cut. In fact, the last time I got it cut was a day before I got married.

Well, my regular hair dresser is on holidays until February and doesn't cut hair as much as he used to. I did, however, get a discount coupon to see a fabulous hair dresser in Vancouver, whom ironically enough, sees clients on Saturdays, rather than just a few days during the week until 2pm which makes it tough for me since I need an extra pair of hands to hold our wee guy and access to wheels to get someplace.

I think it is time to take a leap of faith and try someone new. Would be an adventure to get my haircut in a fancy west end salon, and then grab some lunch with my guys!

Hair grows back, right?

I know I sound like a weenie but I had a nasty cut when I was 13, and since then I have pretty much stayed with the same hairdresser since. So... I have been seeing my hair guru for close to 20 years. O M G. How did that happen? I wrestle with the loyatly thing, and then I also wrestle with the taking a chance, trying something new, and well, taking that leap of hair faith. It isn't like I go all the time, and who knows, if it didn't turn out great, I could always like get 2 haircuts in a year (fall over).

Apparently, as I mentioned above, hair grows back and it is really long right now and a bit of a change would be good. I know, I can feel the shock ripples from here - my hair would still be somewhat long after whomever cuts my hair because I really don't see short hair in my future at this stage. A cut is on the horizon, especially since my hair has been spending double time in a ponytail lately because of grabbing hands and I have started to really think about getting it cut.

1 comment:

Gilly said...

Kazzy, it's time you got Ran-d-fied! It's been one helluva year! A hubby, a baby and now hopefully a new do! You deserve it babe! It's time for the Diva to be made over by the Queen. Just go for the scalp massage...you'll wish to come back as Randall's cat.