Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Before and After

I know I have been going off about Frosty. Perhaps it started out as something I found amusing, but over the days, our snowman took on a whole new aspect, especially once we hit that matrix stage. Yesterday, prior to the next great melt and the arrival of storm #15 (which never was), Frosty arched almost completely over backwards. Almost touching the ground. Like maybe 3 inches of clearance there. Ken moved the hockey stick to see if Frosty was balancing on it - nope. If I was in some kind of mood I would say that Frosty is a metaphor of becoming a mom - you learn how to contort yourself so many new and original ways and well, you bend over backwards to help the people you love. A friend put it another way. Think of bamboo when you are pregnant and then become a mom. You can't be like an oak because an oak is really strong, but it is inflexible. Bamboo is strong because it is flexible, and can withstand great tempasts. Interesting thought that.

Oh right? Where was I. Well, here would be the last visual that I will present of Frosty. He was a good snowman and is currently expiring in our backyard. Raise a pint of the good stuff for him! Funny weird when you think in a few days all there will be is a few rocks, that shriveled up carrot that didn't make that stir fry cut, and the branches. Oh. Another metaphor - one of change? The impermanence of life? Rolling with the punches? Do I just need more sleep?

1 comment:

Betty said...

That is one wild pose!