Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What the?!

What the hell has happened to my clothes?

I so don't know what to wear anymore. On nice days, one of my hippy tiered skirts does the trick. On not so nice days, my maternity capris definitely do the trick, or the purposefully big camel coloured stretch pants work, but what do I wear on top now??

I can't say that I have gi-normous swelling breasts, but my shirts are definitely tight around the bump in the middle. So, they no longer look right, even if the fit isn't that uncomfortable. I am glad I am only looking at 4 more weeks of work because I recall a friend saying of her maternity clothes (of which I am currently borrowing and loving) was that by the end of her maternity stint, she was just done with them. I can now see the truth in that!!! I don't really have a lot of nice t-shirts that are longer and flattering, and some mornings I sit on the edge of the bed, a bit envious of Ken and his uniform, and ponder what the (*&&@ should I wear today?!!

Then there is the flipside to this, being a wee big thrifty I don't want to spend big money on more clothes that are truly short term... I can make do, mostly, except for those moments you just don't have a clue what to wear and stand there with that silly grin on your face. I should also fess up, this isn't a new phenom. I am not a person to plan their clothes out the night before. Every morning is a crapshoot when it comes to "what to wear today" pregnant or not so this is really just a bit of whinging on my part. But the first statement still bears truth, when your body is redefining itself all the time, so does it's covering.

5 comments:

Refinnej said...

Feel free to completely disregard this suggestoin....but do you want me to see if my mom or sis have any "bigger" (read: non-maternity) tops hanging around? I know where they both shop. LOL

Andi said...

I just got rid of two big bags of clothes too! I will have a look to see what I have okay? Come over for a visit and we'll see what we can do......

Anonymous said...

LOL..... I am glad I am not the only one sooooo done with mat clothes by 32 weeks. I ended up rotating through everything at the end..... red shirt and denim capris, blue shirt and other denim capri's, orange shirt and third pair of denim capris, pink paisley top, cardigan (which wouldn't close) and black capris..... rinse, repeat. I am sure my co-workers were sick of seeing me wearing the same damn things on about a three or four day rotation. But I refused to buy new clothes at the end. I am glad however that I bought a couple new outfits for post baby in a size bigger than usual, as it took some time to get down to my previous size and November wasn't really a good time to still be wearing capri's.

Only 8 or so more weeks of the clothes and counting.....

Anonymous said...

I felt the same when I had my baby*... black old navy yoga pants and turqoise hoodie, other black old navy yoga pants and pink hoodie, yet another black old navy yoga pants with long sleeved pink shirt and old navy vest, and 4th black old navy yoga pants with other long sleeved pink shirt with white puffy vest... oh wait... you saw me repeat those combos over and over at friday night hockey... poor kevin had to look at me every day!

and by "baby" you know I mean "PhD" ;)

Cher said...

Yeah- the worst was after the birth- there was no way that I was wearing my maternity clothes but alas I did not fit into anything else!!!!!!!