Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Grillin' Season

We got a new, fancy schmancy BBQ as a wedding present. I love the damn thing. It has a battery powered "electric" start. No more fearing for my hair and eyebrows every time I turn the beast on (or wuss out and wait for Ken to do it). I have tamed this mighty grilling machine and it is so easy peasy I am quite thrilled about the whole thing.

I like to grill. It is like a primal urge for me. Give me the tongs and giant fork and let me at 'er. I have no idea where this comes from, but I think BBQ season runs the length of the year. We were BBQ'less (after ours gave up the ghost last year) for months, and I missed the taste of grilled meat. This is the real reason why I will never make it as a vegetarian. Besides, I see it all as lines in the sand and choices, and there are some meats (and associated practises) that I just choose not to consume or endorse.

Of course you have to laugh when you listen to our weather reports, very typical, monday to friday glorious sun! saturday and sunday, the liquid love. Then again, I look at how dry everything gets and how quickly, and I can't help but think that perhaps this year I should put out a rain barrel to help conserve even just a little bit of water to use for my flower beds.

No comments: