Thursday, May 4, 2006

a clean house

So what is it about a clean house, blue skies, a good book, a few hours to yourself that seems to do wonders for the soul? I am sure that the answer is pretty self evident in there..

We have been particularly lucky this week weatherwise, shorts weather, blue skies, not too hot, in a word - beautiful, especially because it is spring. Tomorrow I will try to take some pics of my early blooms to capture this moment - savouring it for what it is. It will be strange once I am off work (last day June 30th) and begin the final leg of the "wait". A few days, a few weeks - who knows. It will be strange to have time for myself, for little projects, especially since it the tales are somewhat true, free time and project finishing activities will be put to the side for an undetermined length of time.

Finished off a Scottoline novel, which I thoroughly enjoyed for what it is. Called the Vendetta Defense, it was a good story. I have reverted back to another crime writer. I seem to enjoy the stories that evolve and revolve around a single (or band) character and follows their career. It is appealing to see what the author is going to do with the character's story and life lines. I couldn't imagine a life without books and being able to dive between the covers of a good book for however many minutes I can eek out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember you saying a while ago about everyone saying to read now because you won't have time when the baby is born. That may or may not be true. It will likely entirely depend on whether you can nurse the baby and read at the same time. I can't, so I haven't read a book since the first week of November. But I have a couple of friends who still tear through the books.

Can't believe ML (mat leave) day is coming so soon. Very exciting. Just one more beginning of semester to get through......