Tuesday, May 23, 2006

post long weekend and back at work

it has been a strange work day and I have had to make a lot of cold calls that involve a lot of arm twisting on unsuspecting victims arms to introduce speakers at an upcoming conference. Oh, the joys.

the weekend was quick, as they always are. I must say, we accomplished a lot though. The ebb and flow of things in and out of our house still never ceases to amaze me. I can't believe how easy it is to get rid of things that are stained, old, worn out, cluttery at this stage. I know I keep returning to this subject, but when you have been a pack rat all your life, and all of a sudden you can finally let go of things, it is a big deal. Our compu-nursery is just about set. It looks great. I feel so much less anxious now that we have been able to deal with our second bedroom, set up the new stuff, move out the old stuff.

it is a novel feeling as I survey the new room. We are making room for another person in our lives, and we have no idea what they are going to be like!! Nothing but potential and good intentions. I feel proud of what we have accomplished together, and humbled too. Amazing what two people can do working together, building a life together.

bubs is still moving around a lot, which is the most amazing feeling. That too is a different kind of awareness of yourself as a woman, and amazing too, because all your parts are doing what they are supposed to do and it has only something to do with you being conscious of the process! At the 32 week stage now, and the home stretch is nigh!

No comments: