Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sweet goodness between the pages.

When I went to book sale a few days ago, this was actually one of the books that I was hoping to find.  I thought it was a long shot, but there, among hundreds of other books, was a brand new hardcover copy of this book. I read this author's first book, and it was what I would call my version of 'chick lit'.  A little magical, not always saccharine sweet, and not every character is perfect.  I wanted to read more of her books, but haven't always remembered when I found myself looking and willing to buy rather than take from the library or borrow from friends.

So. after finishing one really enjoyable read, it was Sunday morning, why not jump in to this one?  I cannot remember the last time I read a book in a day.  By the time I fell asleep today, this book was done. I really enjoyed it.  Light, but not too light, enjoyable characters, a little earth magic, and some tension.

Alas.  The book is done, and now I am adding her name to my list of potential authors to try to find next time I find myself in a used book store, or perhaps with a Christmas gift card to a bookseller.

No comments: