Friday, November 1, 2013

Farewell, October

I came to the realization I love October.

It has been a busy but great month.  We brined a great bird and got to spend some time with loved ones for Thanksgiving, we had a great date night (we went on the local "Grave Tales" again after an amazing dinner), we took the kids to a pumpkin patch, decorated our house for Hallowe'en, and the festivities were great last night.

That being said, I think I am over Hallowe'en for another year.  It lasted just long enough, and I don't need to hear another chainsaw going off and shrieking kids for at least another 11 months.  It was a lot of fun though.

It is hard to believe next month is Christmas.  That I have been doing my 'not so new job' for a year, and that another school year is well under way. 

I am half tempted to try another NABLOPOMO.  Lets see if I can make it happen this month.  We are just finishing watching Lego Batman (not as good as Lego Star Wars) and I am tired.  It seems that with the return of the kids, our first fall colds is upon us.  This reminds me that November is not ever going to be the best time of the year to go on a big holiday.  Little ones, yes, but it is so important to watch the first colds.  They really do seem to hit for early November.

Show is over, and that is my moment.  Lets see if I can do this for a month, every day again. 

No comments: