Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mornin!

Ah, a few blissful moments of peace before the day takes off running. Of course, I have run my tank near dry and I need to hit the gas station before I venture too far away... but it isn't raining and I can see some blue sky (which is always a bonus this time of year).

Yesterday I had an individual in my office that irritated me from the moment I saw her - chatting on the phone, oblivious to the fact that someone was standing in front of her, waiting to take her in for an appointment. It got better from there - whining voice, lazy, questions that were really asking to abuse the system, and then the gall of taking a phone call in my office. She asked part way through, are we done.. I said yes, so she continued to talk. So I pointedly stared at her until the call ended, she asked a few more lame questions, and I was more than happy to see the back end of her leave the door. Folks like that make you appreciate the quiet times that much more.

Funny, after all the folks I see, there are so few that get under your skin... but the total lack of respect, that is something else. Karma is a beyotch and when you approach life like that.... interesting to see what comes full circle for that gal.

Actually, now that I reflect on it, yesterday certainly had it's less than stellar moments - I wanted Friday off, got shot down. Asked my boss a question, and apparently I have been asking too any questions lately (which ended up being positive since conversation went well and was more affirming than anything else). So the day was all over the board, some good (to follow, this post isn't just a whinge), some blargh, some ugly.

On to much more positive things - got a really cool mug from my boys with their pictures all over it and a few chocolates, and I got to decorate cookies at work for my guys. It was fun - felt like being a kid sitting around decorating and eating heart shaped gummies. I feel like I had too many sweets yesterday... and my back is stiff... I need to find some more hours in my day to get my body moving more!! We seem to still be going through a cycle where Connor is not going to sleep at a decent time - it makes such a difference to have a few minutes to yourself at the end of the day, to just be... decompress, whatever you want to call it.

No comments: