Saturday, February 26, 2011

A little something for the rain...


Well worth a gander, and a quick read to boot! Why is it most books about animals end up with tears being shed? I just thought of the Edgar Sawtelle book (meh), and then there is Yeller (never read, didn't need to cry that much) to the Hunters of Cherokee County by Wilson Rawls (I read this one over 25 years ago and it still sticks out in my mind.. I remember Little Ann and Big Dan.. ) I had a feeling some leakage from my eyes would happen because of this book, but it wasn't a terrible thing.

This is told from the perspective of Enzo, the dog and not the human. See, when Enzo finishes this life, he believes that he will be reincarnated as a human. This is his story as he tries to be the best dog growing in to a human that he can be. It is about his people, and his human, and their partnership. It is a lovely read, a heartbreaking read at times, and a profound read. I laughed (crow scene) and I didn't cry in the middle, but I did cry at the end. A book about perseverance, of love, of being true to yourself.

It seems the message I have been getting from the universe (seems like I am getting better at decluttering and that isn't coming up as much anymore) is to look in the direction that you want to go. Not to dwell too much right now, but focus on the place you want to be, and you unconsciously move that way.

No comments: