Wednesday, August 23, 2006

While the babe is asleep


In the few moments that Brandon is asleep, I am being completely bamboozled by the cats.

Can you say needy? AND I have been trying to give them affection every day! One of my cats is a cool cucumber, he is doing well and all things are status quo. The other one is another ball of wax all together. He is the much needier cat and every spare moment he has been throwing himself at me today. Ironically enough, there is only so much kneading and head butting that one can take. Speaking of which, said lovelies are getting their nails cut in short order!

In a way I miss having them in the room at night, one is well behaved, and I am sure you can guess which one is the one who likes to sleep as close as possible to me, loving me, pushing against me, being as close as possible to me and near my face. Hence the night-time exile.

It is just bizarre, you finish with one of your own that needs you all the time, and when that shift ends the other one starts with the cats! One is lying across my arms as I type and the other one is checking out the keyboard! Oh forsooth!

No comments: