Thursday, August 31, 2006

An Albatross Released

My thank you cards are done, up to date, in the mail, or at least waiting for an up to date address. This has been on my to do list for so long I have dreaded looking at the list because the thank you cards are still there. They are also hard to do all in one sitting. You wonder what to say - how do you express that kind of thanks?

At this pace, I wonder if I will get any Christmas cards out this year before New Years???? I know, I threw out that word about that holiday and no I have not started shopping, it is not close to the end of December yet!! Come on, my life has changed but I am still a last minute shopper.. or, so I think?!!

The weather is amazing today and we made what I would consider a big outing! Ken and I took Brandon to Rocky Point for a walk in the woods. It was marvelous to smell the trees and the sea, and the wind blowing a few leaves off and tossing them about. Such a highlight for me. Now the boys are both asleep, and all is quiet. I am about to hang in the yard with a good book and just chill. Perhaps I may just even sit there and take it all in. Not do a chore, or try to pick up garbage. Just be.

1 comment:

Florence Chee, PhD said...

Bravo, Karen! You're a greater person than I. I never got to mine because after the wedding my my laptop (with all the addresses) malfunctioned and was lost to me forever. The longer I took, the more people just said "aw ferget about it." One of the many albatrosses around my neck forever. But hey, since I'm here... thanks to you and Ken for attending the wedding and making the day that much happier! Ok... at least that weight is off. ;")