Wednesday, August 9, 2006

A few quiet moments

Funny, I am sitting here with a million thoughts zinging through my head and I haven't got a clue where to start unraveling them all. Perhaps I will just go with a stream of consciousness and roll with it.

Having kids takes your breath away. Looking down in to Brandon's eyes, I see so much potential, I see a blend of Ken and I, and I am filled with love and wonder. Then there are the times that it seems like he is never going to sleep, and I wonder just how frayed I can get around the edges from lack of a lot of sleep. Then there are the times the phone rings and I am "indisposed" at the moment, and well, I don't always get to making those calls back in what I would call a timely manner. Then there are the phone calls I keep meaning to make, and they still haven't happened for no better reason than the fact that my days are occupied in a whole new way and go by quicker than my flex days did when I was at work!

I am getting used to getting things half done, or a little project tackled in a few moments. I am learning new skills - like how to read with one hand when I am breast feeding, or how to actually relax and take it easy and not expect everything to get done, like yesterday. I still haven't gotten out for a lot of walks, but they are coming! Some days I feel half crotchety, enjoying the quiet time with myself, and with Brandon. Watched a good chick flick today - Beauty Sh0p - it was funny and light hearted. Kevin Bac0n pops up in the strangest places! I think the Queen is a righteous woman - big and beautiful, and not afraid to be that way. I really admire that about her and she isn't crass or as edgy as a few other female stars with curves that I can think about.

Ah yes. A whole new measure of a full day.

No comments: