Monday, August 21, 2006

One small step...

It has felt like a day of firsts.

Brandon has begun to learn how to use his hands and was able to seize my glasses and wave them about for a few moments... as well, thanks to my dear friend J whom has maintained for months the untold benefits of a m0ses basket and has encouraged me to borrow theirs now that it isn't needed... was right on so many levels. This has lead to another first - hanging in the backyard with my son. Feeding, tummy time, quiet time, not so quiet time. The point of this is - not inside. Hell, I was able to manage feeding and reading, and I was outside! Absolutely gleeful for someone who has watched the gorgeous weather the last few weeks from behind the glass as I got to know my son, our new limits, and exploring new boundaries. Today feels like a bit of a breakthrough day!

One of our fav shows starts up again tonight, and I see a blackberry crumble in our futures!

Now, off to get us both cleaned up!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congrats Momma...
Hope you had your iced tea too!!!
or is that too sugary right now.
Have a few books to lend you if you need. Michelle
who wishes she had more time to read!!!!LOL