Friday, January 4, 2013

You can tell I had a few days away from work...

Well, here we are at the beginning of another year.  When I was a kid, 40 seemed old.  My folks used to talk about how fast the years went by, and here I am, echoing their sentiments, and now that 40 is staring me in the face, I will say wholeheartedly that 40 isn't even close to being old.  Maybe a little wiser, maybe a few more miles on the body, but not old.  New Years has come and gone, and I am glad that work is quiet, traffic has been good, and I am slowly easing in to 2013.   I was looking through the books that I read in 2012, and although I wished I posted more throughout the year, I am glad that atleast I tracked what I read because it is interesting to reflect back upon what you have read, and what were the stand outs, and what books I have already forgotten that I have read.

I will remember books like Girl in Translation, Unbroken, The Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Lamb, Terry Fallis books, Peter Robinson series, and others, that I was surprised to realize they were books I had read only months ago.  Either time moves that fast, or those books didn't leave that much of an impression.

Speaking of which, first book of 2013 was a perfect choice for holiday reading.  Somewhat in the same style of Da Vinci Code, a good, fast paced read.  Characters aren't completely rounded, but it is a page turner without a lot of depth and it made for interesting reading.   Next!

No comments: