Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It is that good.

A friend from work said that she found the book was a bit long, and in some ways, not up to the hype since she read it when everyone else was apparently reading it, so for her, it was hard to live up to her expectations.

I just finished reading The Time Traveller's Wife and it was all that for me. I guess I read it with no expectations, and no hype, it was just a book that I heard was good.

It was great. I am almost sorry that the story is now done. It is a truly marvelous book and I hope that the movie they are making out of it does it some kind of justice. It is a hard book to describe to someone who hasn't read it, it is about time traveling without the science fiction element to it, about love and romance, and life, and all the bits that collect to it. It is about sadness, and waiting, and great joys, and the fantastical. If you have a few moments to spare and are looking for a great read, definitely worth your while.

Damn, what the hell do I read on the skytrain ride home? Just relax, and stare out? What a novel concept.. LOL

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

This one got one my "best books" list pretty much immediately. I also liked her collection of short stories: The Secrets of a Fire King. VERY good!!