1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Played hockey with my son… went to the Harrison Hot Springs Sand Castle competition.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I haven’t really been making resolutions for a few years – I always can lose weight, be nicer to myself, etc.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friends Cheryl and Kelz.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
United States (the shopping is good) and Calgary. Does Alberta count???
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Greater financial stability.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day we found out we were having a second baby.
The day Brandon took his first steps.
The day Ken, Brandon and I stood under the waterfall outside of Hope.
The day I found out Brandon was doing a-ok, and see you next year.
The day I got hired at my new job, after finding out the old job wasn’t so good for becoming a parent again.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting to go to the gym and working out – even if working out is ½ hour on the elliptical trainer.
9. What was your biggest failure?
It’s funny, I don’t really think of anything as being a failure, when things don’t happen the best way, it is a learning experience.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing really stands out.
11. What was the best thing you bought?.
Our new campstove, even if we haven’t used it yet.
The new aerobed.
The XOBX 360 to connect to our computer and Media Center.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Depends on what day, what time, the cycle of the moon, yadda yadda yadda. Everyone could be on this list at some time.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Behaviour of the media? I don’t really give anyone that power to make me appalled and depressed in the way it will have an impact on my life. Sad, perhaps, wishful perhaps that things could have been different, but I try not to live with any regrets.
14. Where did most of your money go?
If I knew that, I would be really happy. Bills. Bills. More damn bills. Daycare.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Brandon is walking and doing really well!! That we have another surprise coming June 22nd.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Move it Like This – Baha Men, because Brandon likes to hear it again and again in my car.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. Things are much more even keeled.
b) thinner or fatter? A little thinner but that will change in the next few months.
c) richer or poorer? A little of both. More assets, more debts.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent time outside – at the beach, at the park, in the woods, camping.
More little getaways with Ken and Brandon.
Spent more time with a few girlfriends who don't live nearly close enough.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family, wondering when the snow would stop.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fell a long time ago.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI:Miami when I have a chance to watch it.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate takes a lot of energy, and I just don’t have any to spare. That’d be a no.
24. What was the best book you read?
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Some older Flogging Molly? Didn’t really get a lot of chances to enjoy a lot of new music. That if you just give up and sing, your kids adore you for it.
26. What did you want and get?
New PJs and some more books.
27. What did you want and not get?
To be debt free, LOL.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
WallE, and the movies Ken and I got to see on date nights… and then Toy Story and the short films from Monsters Inc for the joys they brought Brandon.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 and I believe that we had a really nice dinner with the family. We didn’t do anything too exciting.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Job stability and actually liking my job.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Classical and comfortable, while learning to get more flattering shoe types...
32. What kept you sane?
My husband, my kid, my animals, my books, and my friends.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy? Can’t say any are at the top of my list right now.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The US election and the excitement it caused worldwide.
35. Who did you miss?
My mom’s mom (grandma).
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Learning how to let go more, be more authentic, be true to yourself, all that self-actualizing stuff, be true to those you love, say what you mean... etc.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I always make up my own lyrics since I can never remember the words so I am not going to waste much time trying to think of something prolific to put here.