Friday, March 7, 2008

a fine mist

It's a strange morning where the land is cloaked in a mist and a fine rain that finds its' way in to everywhere. Mornings like this I wonder what it would have been like when BC was first being colonized and folks were traveling up the Fraser in their canoes... how mysterious the land would have looked with the mist and fog clinging to the trees.

We're springing forward time-wise this weekend... I think I am happy we are doing this blatant manipulation of time early, but I was just getting used to getting in my car when it was light out! 7am doesn't seem nearly as bad when you are getting in to your car and it is already light, rather than getting in to your car when it is dark, and following a ribbon of bright red tail lights on your way to work.

It feels like spring is around the corner - I am already fantasizing about where we can possibly go for camping or day trips. I guess that never really begins or ends for me. I do have the travel bug and it feels like it has been a while since we have spent any time somewhere different. Going to the island to visit family doesn't count as a holiday!! I've got some happy daffs coming through, and the splash of colour is nice. I don't know if I should go for more of a pretty garden this year, or a more functional one. I love home grown tomatoes, but I haven't found my zen spot to do it in in the garden. I may just have to get creative and make a space....

I'm still achey from my fall, and the bruises are colourful. Shaving my legs this morning almost... hurt!!! On a totally different note, I have contacts again! It has been at least 6 months since I have had a pair to wear (I scrambled for hockey the last few times and I used an old one in my right eye... my left eye went naked) and it is so nice to not have my glasses sitting on the end of my nose, getting dirty, getting pushed up. It is nice to just have vision without the frames.

No comments: