Monday, September 3, 2007

We made it back to Pimainus


It seems like a lifetime ago, but before we got pregnant with Brandon and tied the knot, we went to a place called Pimainus Lake, a long way down a dirt road outside of Merritt. It is a beautiful place, quiet and relaxing. It was great to get away - even though it was a mad panic for me since I worked until 11am and then we left at noon. I stood there looking at my clothes and I didn't have a clue what to pack. I know I had a stupid look on my face, and that was the least I have ever packed to go anywhere (I normally pack everything and the kitchen sink to get away, I guess all the traveling I have done has meant that I have been able to let go of that habit to a certain extent).

We spent 5 days at the lake (really 3 full days if you exclude the traveling on both sides), reading, chilling by the campfire, got in a few great hikes, some fishing, and just hanging about in the great outdoors recharging my batteries. Brandon seems to do well no matter what situation we throw him in to - he is a cool dude that way. Trips like this make the work days bearable. Having memories of the places that you have seen and experienced with your dear ones. I like having a home base, but I thrive on being able to get out and experience new things, or at least something different from the same old, same old. I feel that you need to remove yourself from your daily routine in order to relax, get away from it all. Especially when were you head to does not have cell service or electricity!!!


At the top of Spaist Mountain... about 2.7 km up, 332 meter gain.. woo woo!!

No comments: