Tuesday, September 25, 2007

quite the reaction

I figured that this deserved it's own post.

So, I walked in to tell my supervisor that it was official, I had been offered the job that I interviewed for last week, and I had accepted.

Her reaction:

"Fuck."

I half smiled, half looked at her in what I hoped for was empathy, I am the 4th person to do this to her in a month, and perhaps the one of the hardest to replace cogs in our system.

"Fuck." there it was again, and even her freckles started to bleach out. I felt momentarily guilty, but that was a momentary lapse of reason.

"You know, I am sincerely happy for you - this is a really good opportunity for you."

"Thanks, I know this is a really strange conversation to be having, especially since things are going so well right now with work, and given the current situation of three new staff coming on board."

"Fuck."

What can I say, I was trying really hard not to smile, absolutely gleeful about the change in work venues and raise in pay, and I was trying hard not to let out a completely inappropriate war whoop, and pumping my fist in the air because it finally happened for me and I am a movingo n up!!!

No comments: