Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Reading Materials

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." I read that in one of the books that I wandered through on holidays.

So don't sweat the small stuff about the future and take time out to enjoy today, or something like that. Sometimes I worry about the future and forget to enjoy today, so this is a gentle reminder to make sure I enjoy what I am doing in the moment rather than rushing off to the next adventure without savouring what is now.

I managed to make it through four books on my week off:

Stones from the River - Ursula Hegi
Confesssions of a Slacker Mom - Muffy Mead-Ferro
Death du Jour - Kathy Reichs
Love, and other four letter words - Carolyn Macker

I enjoyed them all to a certain degree, but Stones was a great "intellectual novel" and the Reichs novel was consistently good, the others were a bit fluffly, but good for reading while my pilot drove and I navigated :]

No comments: