Monday, September 26, 2005

Home.

Home again. It seems like it has been forever since my eyes have caressed the familiar sites of the lower mainland. Has it really only been ten days since we left for Alberta? It seems like it has been a long time away - especially when my cats haven't let up on their loving since we got home. It is clearly evident that we were sorely missed.

It was a great holiday - better than I expected. We covered 3352 km in 10 days, and spent over 2 days in the vehicle. And all went well. I think we hit a bit of a break in the weather - we missed a blizzard in Banff by a few days, and most days we saw sun. The trees are turning - and there are shades of gold, orange, and red that show through the evergreens. Traffic was not terrible, most people don't travel this time of the year, so we pretty much had the roads to ourselves.

In a nutshell, we went from Coquitlam - Revelstoke - Calgary - Nanton/Fort MacLeod/Okotoks - Calgary - Badlands/Drumheller - Milo (where Ken's family homestead and farm is) - Calgary - Red Deer - Sylvan Lake - Ice Fields Parkway - Revelstoke - home. This trip was equally about the places we saw and the family that we stayed with. Ken has a pretty amazing extended family and they all welcomed us with open arms. I will fill in the gaps with some details over the next few days.

Going to work today sucked. It was really hard to be motivated to go in and put my game face back on. I think that anyone making the transition from play to work is in that position, whether or not it is after a day, a weekend, or a longer stretch of time off. Unless you truly love your job. Work was fairly uneventful, came home and toddled off to Monday Night Football. A bit of a blow out, so home at a decent time. I am still wrapping my head around normal hours, and rocking up to work when I should. Today was all about that - and putting out little fires all over the place. Makes me wonder at times what happens when I am not around?!

The truck is FIXED. Yay. Big banks suck. BOO. Lovely Humungous Bank delivered some bad info to me and will only apologize for inconvenience but not take responsibility for fees incured by yours truly from said bad information. BRUTAL. Gal on phone didn't want to discourage me from writing a scathing letter, of course, it was my right, but her notes didn't support what I was saying. Then again, she also revealed that said employee has been released? Hmm. Interesting correlation there.

2 comments:

Refinnej said...

Trying to leave comment. GAHHH.

Banks suck. Interesting correlation btwn your problem and AssClown Employee. Hrm

Gilly said...

Thanks for the postcard Kazza! Glad to hear you had a great time in cowboy country!