Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Pick of Doom

Last year it was me in my hockey pool. The guys I picked ended up having weird and unusual injuries throughout the year - a detached eyeball, dropping in a practise for no known reason, leg injuries, heart palpitations, all sorts of stuff that kept my guys out of the point chase and me out of taking the big money.

Now, it seems that Ken has caught my "doom finger" when it comes to picking a team for the Amazing Race. I think he is 3 for 3 for the last three seasons. The team he picks is the first one out. Bizarre, for it doesn't seem to matter how able-bodied the teams appear, they crumble after that finger has waved in their direction. He would make a great lion in another life so it appears, picking out the next one to fall with amazing reliability.

No comments: