Monday, August 29, 2005

Time, and an ammendment to my vent

Woah.

After a blitz of computer generated anon posts, I have gone to adding the "word verification" to comments... ironically enough this info was on the log in page?!

So, I may have to eat a few words from my Friday vent about my mom - indeed, she may not have been as late as I figured and was cruising the parking lot thinking I was farting around, counting ceiling tiles and avoiding coming out ?!? interesting start to our car ride, I didn't see her car, and she wasn't stationary long enough for me to figure out it was her car.. a bit of a comedy of errors that took first 15 minutes in the car to work through.. one of two wrongs don't make a right type deal, but we agreed to move on..

Now "time" is something that seems to tweak a few of us. I used to be really laissez faire about time.. then a few years ago, a few older friends really crapped on my head about it. I starting shaping up a lot more, and not pushing time like I used too. Another ironic element to this post, those friends have now become really brutal about time, and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when someone almost throws the towel in because you were tardy, and then doesn't see the hypocrisy when they themselves start to see that there are times that being on time really matters, times that it is respectful to be on time, and times that it is appropriate to be fashionably late.

Now I just shoot for being realistic about what time works for me/us, and recognize that other people's time is valuable too. I think before I tried to do too much, now I try to enjoy the present moment more, and not to always be on the run. Seems to help with my time issues.

Yup, a ramble :]

2 comments:

Ozgypsy said...

Like mother like daughter hey? ;)

Kazzy said...

Yeah, I can admit to some of that - but that is also fueling me being more prompt now because it is something that drives me about my now... trying to head out my future at the pass LOL