Friday, August 19, 2005

Never ending home improvements

Woah.

I think I have scrubbed the entire top layer off of my fingers today.

Spent the day doing bits and pieces for the suite-some painting, cleaning the fridge and stove, and veered off course and painted an outdoor table we have too.

It seems never ending reparing and fixing up our rental though - our "to do" list is daunting, but no where what it was! Nothing like scraping grease, and cleaning up someone else's mess. People can be so disgusting. But, the end is nigh. I think tomorrow night, after all is said and done, movies, and a good dinner, no rush to do anything sounds great.

BTW I finally said NO about something. It felt great. I am not marking this fall. It felt strange saying no, and taking the time back for me. I was really nervous sending that email for some reason, like I was letting J. down or something crazy like that. But, honestly, she respected me more for being honest for what I can reasonably do with my time and paid me some huge compliments. Working for J. has been inspiring, she has fulfilled the role of mentor for me, helping guide me back to teaching.

Next week I get to help facilitate the next Instructional Skills Workshop being taught at Douglas. Like WOW! This is going in the right direction for me. Kinda exciting. I just wish my boss would have given me more time to be there -whatever though. I am getting bits and pieces of what I need to complete my program and perhaps lead to future teaching jobs, which is what matters.

Ah. The beer and pizza tasted amazing tonight.

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

So THAT's why I got no email love from you yesterday! You were cleaning. Whee. (I would have been much more entertaining, I'll have you know)

I'm cleaning today. Haven't lost any skin yet, tho.