Thursday, August 25, 2005

A first

I went to my college board meeting today. I have not been sworn in, so I attended the public portion of the meeting.

I think I have a lot to learn in the next two years, if I make it here that long. You can feel some politics, and it was really hard not getting my few cents in either. Lots of opinions, and I am sure that there will be a sharp learning curve. After the not for public portion, there is a BBQ. Aside from the student union reps, I am the youngest by far. It will be interesting in that regard too, the perspective that I represent, even as I represent staff at this level.

So, the BBQ is fully catered, I am getting a steak dinner, and all the accoutrements. My big decision - wine or beer with that! It feels like I am shifting to a new playing field with different stakes. I feel a bit nervous, I don't know what to expect from this.

Sounds like things are wrapping up...

No comments: