Saturday, August 20, 2005

On going Saga

It is saturday night, not even 10 pm.

I am freaking bagged and it feels like it should be close to midnight.

Things are coming along in the suite- the end stretch is tomorrow. Since we had the steam cleaner already, Ken did our carpet space while I painted. And painted. And painted.... decided to paint our front door. First side was all good, but then I guess they originally used an oil based paint to paint the inside and then covered it with a latex paint, because when I took off the bumps with a scraper, I also managed to pull off a 6 inch strip of paint with it. Which brough more old paint off in a big, white layer exposing a lovely original yellowish cream colour underneath.

From the first few peels, I figured that this job wasn't going to be so bad. Well, after a few hours of baking in the sun with a scraper, it feels like I have a whole bunch of nintendo fingers, numb from the scraping. The door was hell. I have passionate angst about that door. I finally gave up and sanded the last few inches. I couldn't fight the good fight against that door anymore, it was time to move on.

When all is said and done, our carpets look great, I touched up the door the frame, and the door doesn't look like hell any more.

Another day where the beer tasted amazing. We ordered in chinese, and I think I was just done then. My eyes feel tired and gritty, and I think I will kick back and have a bath, or watch Harry Potter or something crazy like that. I will be so glad to not have to do that again. Home ownership is a true commitment. It needs work, you just can't say that someone else will take care of it, you are that person!!

The next month is going to fly by - we have nothing but weekend trips planned - camping at Deception Pass State Park, then fishing at some place called Pimainus, and then Puyullup to see Pete and the ride again (while he is in the west) and then the big trip to Alberta to visit Ken's rellies and see where that side of his family is from. Then all of a sudden it will be October!! Strap yourself in, should be a helluva ride!

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

Can I hire you for some renos? LOL Hope you have a RELAXING Sunday.

That's an order.