Sunday, August 14, 2005

Pretty in Pink

Ahhhhhh....

Sunday night. Sometimes this is a time take a few moments, have a bath, read a light and fluffy book (at the moment - The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. This is a bit of a predictable read, nothing too strenuous. Hard to believe they made this in to a movie?! Writing about love, beauty, being true to one's self, taking time away from the pursuit of money to work on and enjoy relationships) before flaking out.

My toes are a hot pink. It took me years to warm up to pink. I loved it as a girl, but the colour fell off my radar as just not for me for a long time. Well, we are friends again.

We spent the weekend working on the suite to get it back in tip shop shape - amazing how much elbow grease goes in to painting, and cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and putting things back to right. Hopefully by next weekend it will be looking great again.

Did a little painting around here too, the doorframe and some window frames were looking tattered, amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do. Flea Market was decent this morning, picked up some cool shades for $8, a book, and yup, another plant. I think those gardeners can see me coming a mile away. I love plants.

Apparently I need to kill some off before bringing more home!! LOL

I am bagged though, looking forward to chilling with that light and fluffy book before cutting some zzzzzz's. Last night we spent a nice night at a friend's for a BBQ last night, and then up and about all weekend. Will be interesting to see what the week holds!

No comments: