Monday, July 18, 2005

West Coast Styling

MONDAY!

Again? Where the hell did my weekend go? Am I really ready to be back at work?

Hell no.

Summer finally arrived, and I think I missed the first part. Friday night I tweaked my back in hockey and for the first time, I actually pulled myself from the game. I guess the decision was made easy for me because it was ONLY shinny (fun hockey) and I just knew that I didn't want to push it, my weekend is for other things rather than laying in bed wondering WTF the whole time.

Seems beer helps the pain though!

Saturday night Ken and I went to our friend John and Jax's place for an amazing feast of seafood. John just got back with his business partner, dad, and a few other folks from fishing up the North Coast of BC.

We had crab, liberally doused in butter, cracked between our fingers, and the juices spilling over everything, then halibut, grilled to perfection, and a cedar plank salmon that was like candy, melting on your tongue. We had baked potatoes with the fixings, and some thai noodle salad, bread and butter, and then a fabulous apple and apricot crisp with blueberries and ice cream.

I am salivating just thinking about it.

The crew at J&Js was grateful there were able to partake in the feast, that J&J were gracious enuogh in sharing their gifts from the sea (and even sent home a care package which we are putting on the BBQ tonight) and we all brought a little something, washed down with beer and cider. DAMN FINE!

Then yesterday, Ken's hockey team decided it was time to tailgate since summer is officially here and they had an afternoon game. Dave brought a LOT of beer, and I scrounged up some cups to help disguise the amount of beer being drunk in the rink's parking lot in broad daylight and John and Tamara brought a BBQ and the fixings for smokies and burgers after the game. The game was less than stellar and we were all very happy to drink to forget that experience. Beer seems to taste better when the sun is beating down on you. A win would have helped, but chilling in the lot with friends and food is pretty sweet.

Sounds like my weekend was all about food eh?

But remember, the beer also helped my back. LOL

Well, between tweaking my back and dealing with the TENANTS FROM HELL - the meals I had this weekend were at the top of the curve (plus Ken getting me Harry Potter, but that deserves it's own post), while there are a few mentioned lows to balance that out.

It is really brutal. Laws protect wankers until they really step over the line. There is no such thing as true prevention, our laws, whether they be tenant or crime, are reactionary. We make comments to the police or express concern, well, we can't really prove anything right now, and well, they will pass that information along as a tip?!

It is really hard not to be pissed about it all, and the lengths you have to go to get someone out of your house when they don't pay. Seems like then tenant has a lot of power, and the landlord, not so much. BRUTAL. You work damn hard for something and then some wanker can endanger it all. Selfish bugger. GRRRRROOWL! Frosts my ass and every time I see him at this stage, I get angry. This is OUR PLACE!!

So, we go through the paces of our legal processes and we get ready to wait. Stay tuned!

No comments: