Saturday, July 30, 2005

Hot Summer Days

ZOOM! Another week zips by, faster than ever.

A long weekend - ah - a break away from the usual. I have spent a relaxed saturday so far, baking my buns in the sun to catch an elusive tan, er freckles, reading Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs (cool forensic anthropoligist crime series) , getting some clothes together to donate to the Good Will, and gathering all my bottles from the nooks and crannies I hide them until I have the mother lode to return.

Feels good to get rid of some clutter. It is strange, it doesn't matter how you try to simplify your life, you still end up collecting things. Whether it is intersting rocks and driftwood on the beach, to that shirt that was a total steal at the local store, you end up with SO MANY THINGS. I have been trying to streamline things, which honestly, isn't always the easiest task when you are a packrat like myself. I am getting better at recycling or throwing away stuff, but it just seems to make way for more stuff. I think I am better than I used to be - I used to hold on to all my bathing stuff, squirreling it away for a 'special day'. Well, why can't any day be special and what good does it do to have all this stuff kicking around for years, waiting to be used? Like special candles, they look ok unlit, but really, they are meant to be lit! Takes a while to get over yourself about mundane stuff like that. I am getting better about pocket books too. How many hundreds can you hold on to?

No comments: