Thursday, July 21, 2005

So close to friday

Another week has slipped by - where the hell does the time go?

I must declare that I am really looking forward to going to Porteau Cove for the weekend. I am heading up early to catch some sun, explore the beach, and stake out a fine campsite with Kevin and Regan (from the Orange Crush hall of fame). Ken is coming up after work and bringing our gear, and our friends MPS (Also a Crusher all star) and Veronica are heading up after work as well. Should be a fun weekend - I see a lot of big hockey tales (much like fish tales) being told around the campfire, and who knows what troubles and fun we will get up to over the weekend. I can't wait to get out of the lower mainland though - it's been a slog at times in the last bit.

Tailgated for the last time of the 04-05 Hockey Season yesterday. The Grinders season was brought to an abrupt halt last night, even though they played pretty well - they just couldn't buy a goal. A big heavy July moon hung in the sky, and the night was pretty balmy. Ken's mum had joined me as a superfan last night, so it wasn't a super late night. The blackberries are starting to ripen, so the walk we took before the game had a few interruptions along the way, I can't wait to harvest a good lot of blackberries for freezing and jam. I am just about out, so it is time to do some jammin. I think I may try my hand at dill pickles this year too...

My back IS STILL IRRITATING. Moved the wrong way getting out of bed and it let me know with a huge ZOT that it was still there. Ah well - I throw myself on the floor of my office and do my not so graceful stretches and it helps. Getting away will help :]

Work has been pretty uneventful so it is pretty hard not to clockwatch. Biggest decision in the last few days has been what to do for lunch! Nice having a breather, but it has it's drawbacks. Students are starting to trickle back in fits and starts, this year's crop seems even younger than last year! A true sign I ain't in my 20's anymore!

More havok in London this morning. I couldn't imagine living in a place where there possibility of action/threat/terrorism is so commonplace that unless something truly out of the ordinary happens, it barely registers on your personal radar. Amazing the struggles that happen between stranges and ideologies.

No comments: