Thursday, May 21, 2009

I survived!

We had a great long weekend away... and I even survived camping at 35 weeks pregnant. It helped more than I can say being in a campsite right beside a nice, well serviced women's bathroom because there is one thing I do a lot, and that is urinate. It is amazing how many times I can go in a day. It is impressive Ken doesn't roll his eyes or make comments, it is just a reality at this point. When I gotta go, I gotta go. And then maybe 6 minutes later! It is silly in so many ways, but it is what it is.

Our campside was lovely - fairly private and nice and dry. We got lucky with the weather this weekend. We also lucked out with border line ups (both ways). We camped at Birch Bay state park (a favorite because of it's proximity to both home and the outlets) and it was lovely. Campfires each night, a fair bit of shopping at the outlets, and then making a castle on the beach. It was nice to be away, and it was really nice that it was just the three of us.

I am feeling a bit of nesting - experiences that the three of us can share now, before number 2 is born and then everything changes again. It isn't quite the unknown that Brandon was, but I know it will be a huge adjustment period again, getting used to another person, and their personality, and how things are going to evolve.

No comments: