Monday, February 2, 2009

Ye Haa. It's monday.

Well, I got a great night's sleep last night but it feels like my motivation has up and gone. Left me high and dry.

There's more snow on the hill. It's getting old. I am really looking forward to spring. It's nice because all of a sudden if feels like the days are getting longer since when I leave work it isn't dark out!

We went to the island for the weekend, and it is amazing how much easier it is to catch that crack of dawn ferry on the way there. Yup, you are dragging your ass but there is no line up to get on the ferry, and no traffic, and when you get to the other side, it actually feels like you have had a day over there, especially if you leave early on Sunday to get a bit of a catch up in. My gran is doing remarkably well for her age (94) but cruising through the "care campus" is disheartening when you look at the older folks who are just sitting there in their chairs, slack jawed, not saying or doing anything, just waiting. My gram is somewhat with it, and looking pretty good. She is getting tiny. I feel like an amazon next to her. This visit went well, for that I am grateful since it is hard to predict when we will get over there next.

Officially half way there. 20 weeks. I can feel my body shape evolving, but I don't think I look obviously pregnant yet. I have had the joys of random back pains in the last week - first my shoulder area, then my hips, and this morning it is my neck.

No comments: