Sunday, February 17, 2008

Not a creature was stirring....

It feels like a rare moment when the house is quiet and I am up to enjoy it.

Last week was a tough week. There were 'tsn' turning points at work, where I think that a bit of the honeymoon period is definitely starting to wear off a little. We are in a real crunch time, and I heard it a few times in not so many words that me being away Monday (my normal flex) and Tuesday (Brandon has an appt) is rotten timing, from a procedural standpoint. Well, I can't say that I had a lot of control on all of that equation, and when the chips are down, the job will get done, but if you have a problem, be straight up with it. I guess at some point next week I will have to air a few of my impressions of the week with work so it doesn't fester. The truth sets you free, right?

There have been lots of ideas bouncing around in my head, and a few times I wanted to run over and write up some prolific post, but then life gets in the way, and the moment passes.

I am really enjoying EPL, I really have found that I have gotten more out of the 2nd part of the book than the first part. In one section she speaks of knowing herself, and getting to know herself, and being aware that she is a talker, and well, channeling that, but also realizing that being a talker is ok, but there are more ways to be a more thoughtful talker, and perhaps I got a little something out of that section because I can be a talker too and sometimes really need to be aware of that, and to reign myself in at times. Not always wedge both feet in, and not allow my own energy take over the conversation (kind of like being a new parent and you see an adult that isn't a family member for the first time in what feels like weeks, you come off a little hyper and crazy).

It feels like a few days of indulgences - I don't think I truly overate, but what I did eat included cheesecake, and popcorn, and a chocolate bar. Hell, I think a doughnut even made it in to the mix at some point. I could feel guilty, but I enjoyed it all too damn much.

Also got to play hockey again on Friday since Ken has been out of commission - it was a rout, and not for us. We lost, badly. I took a puck to the ankle (a lovely bruise) and got caught with my head down (felt like I got pile-drived, I was a bit light headed after that one for a bit). It was a frustrating loss, and then the week kind of caught up on to me friday night and we got home early, and I was just tired and mellow. So glad it was a friday. And I so enjoyed the cider we bought on saturday. Ok, so it was a bit of a decadent weekend. Like the greeks say - all in moderation. It isn't like I ate a truly huge bowl of popcorn or most of the cheesecake. Besides, it was good for the soul and I am sure I will walk it off tomorrow in the sun.

No comments: