Monday, February 18, 2008

God's creations.


Is this not the craziest looking camel you have ever seen? Look at that beard! He must be trying out for ZZ TOP!!! Er. I am not sure why I figure the camel must be male...

We spent a wonderful family day together. Did a run across the line for cheese and gas, went to the zoo, had some ice cream at a dairy farm, it was just fabulous. Blue skies, and it felt like spring. We wrapped it by having a date night and catching a true rockin and rollin concert. We saw Tom Cochrane and John Cougar (I know he isn't that any more, but for some reason I always stumble over the Mellencamp part). It was an awesome show - high energy, the crowd was in to it, the sound was great, and it was at the Coliseum and not the garage.. I love all the guitars, and for a guy who had a huge heart attack 10 years again, JM is an amazing performer - he knows how to get and hold his legions of adoring fans. It was a great show, almost over all too soon. What I couldn't get over was all the cell phones in the audience. No more days of great clouds of smoke coming up from the chaotic floor seats, and lighters held aloft... it was the light of cell phones waving to slow songs... or people taking vids. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the folks that watched the show through the lens of their phone - but I guess there is room for all types of experiences but I was enjoying it in the moment, not putting an extra layer in between me and the experience....

It's been so long, I had to take a picture of the clear skies....

No comments: