Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Where it's at.

Last week, after I got back from visiting Nej, I figured I would be all motivated to chronicle some of the more stellar moments of the trip here on my blog for posterity.

I haven't had the time. Or the energy when things are quiet to actually sit down and type things out. So the past is already moving way too quickly even further in to the past. Suffice to say it was a good trip, driving the canyon is much better in a newer blazer rather than an older rabbit, and Brandon continues to be a pretty decent little traveler.

I finally got caught up on the last few Crossing Jordan episodes in a blitz over the weekend. Unlike a few other shows when it came to their series finales, this one didn't get all schmaltzy and leave a bad taste in your mouth. Things weren't perfectly gift wrapped, but it was a nice way to end off. Although it pisses me off that I find shows I like and then it seems like they get canceled. This was one of the better ones and I can always catch it in reruns. This ending is in direct contrast to that other show and it's black screen of death that left you on the edge of your seat feeling slightly bereft and not really liking the show in that moment.

Brandon was teething most of the weekend, and then last night - well it was a long night. He went to bed great about 8:30, and then was up about 12:45. He was done with sleeping at that point - tried most of my bag of tricks, rocking, talking, singing, humming, jiggling, feeding, getting over tired and frustrated and handing off to Ken, to putting in the play pen, to letting him cry and get all hot and sweaty, to cuddling, and more of the same. Finally he went back to bed just after 4. I was definitely feeling really fried and emotionally strung out by then.

Which brings me to now. It is just nice to be for a moment. My poor cat keeps trying to lay on my hands and suckhole for attention and I am not all that keen for it right now. Exhausted most of that in the last 12 hours... the rains have come, which is nice, and I am planning out Brandon's first birthday. It is a weird time right now - being aware of how fast the time is going, knowing I am going back to work, the wonder about daycare (even if I like my daycare person), wrapping up a few things. Getting a few visits in - this weekend I am going to see my gran on the island.. I figure if it isn't now, it won't be for a few more months again... Feels like lots of changes (again). I also feel like I am resisting a bit (prolly natural) and clinging to whatever I can. It feels like I haven't had enough sleep and I am not running on full cylinders right now!!! I am worried about Brandon and sleep and transitioning him the crib, and weaning, and on the other hand, all that stuff will eventually sort itself out too.

I think I will attempt to tidy up a little and perhaps have a nap. Not really feeling like a shooting star right about now.

No comments: