Tuesday, July 3, 2007

4 weeks

4 weeks is all I have left of my mat leave.

Wow.

I can't believe just how fast this year has gone. It has been full of surprising moments, and moments that take your breath away, and I can't believe that things will be on the 'change' again in less than a month. I am sure that the first month will be bizarre and with an off kilter routine because Brandon will be in daycare part time for the first 2 weeks, then have me home for a week, than Ken home for a week, and then in September the part time daycare, full time back to work schedule will start in earnest. I know I keep whining about this, and every new mom goes through this, and the anxiety of having to leave your child with your childcare worker, it is just hard and until you see the new lay of the land, and get back in to all of your new routines, it is an unknown. Therefore, something you will just deal with and work through, because the reality is that we need both of us working to support our lifestyle.

On to other rambles, I will start here and now, and then back fill a few entries since it has been about 2 weeks since I last posted. I love that pre-dating option on blogger to fill in a few gaps if you get the chance. We have had a great few weeks, and added a few scorch streaks to the ol'credit cards.

All in all, life is good and the days are going fast, but we are doing a lot of things that I really value. We are getting out for some visiting, and some walks, and the house is in decent shape. Next week I am doing a road trip north to visit Nej and the boys, and the truck will be in good condition for it. Funny as some things get fixed, other things go, like the CD player has gone on the fritz. This summer is exciting - we are getting away on some trips and seeing some new sights, which makes me a happy camper :D

1 comment:

Cher said...

I feel your pain!