Friday, July 6, 2007

An assist!!!!

Man, was I dragging my ass today. Must have been the junk in my trunk, or just not getting nearly enough quality sleep last night, but I was not firing on all cylinders for most of the day. The advantage of not being completely addicted to coffee now means that when I actually break down and make myself a latte, the kick is pretty good to the old system.... I got to play hockey tonight!!! I even got an assist!!! I am such a giddy kid when I get to play now, I guess there has been a long enough break since I was playing on a regular basis, and the team I have been sparing for is pretty classy, as far as hockey teams go. To improve on that assist, we won, and Ken made some great saves, and at the end of the game, I got to look up and see my son's smiling face, pressed up against the glass. Amazing how a little exercise improves your overall outlook on life. Of course, that detail is so hard to remember when you are first starting out a new fitness regime...

No comments: