Monday, July 9, 2007

new sheets and nipplegate continues

I was finally able to take advantage of one of those smoking sales that one of the big box stores does with good sheets, the buy one at regular price, get the 2nd 1/5 price, plus a 20% off coupon. Nothing like getting 2 pairs of 400 thread, king sized sheets for $60 bucks each. The advantage of heading north now meant that I called on Nej to see if she wanted to go halvers on this deal so we could both come out ahead... and ahead we did! I love new sheets. It is one of my quirks. I like 100% cotton sheets, not blends, and well, some colours I like better than others. Mine are a beautiful light blue, and I can't wait to try them out!!!!

Aside from that, today is a day of cleaning up, finally getting 2 weeks worth of laundry put away, and went and picked up a few items to tide my DH over while we are away. I also bought different teats for Brandon's bottles. *SIGH* I complained to gerber about the fit of the "fast flow" nipples I bought a month or two ago, and to be honest, their customer service rep was awesome and did send out some coupons because their baby teats didn't do the job they were supposed to - they leak and don't fit my avent lids right which is just a piss off when you are dressed up and then you end up with formula all over yourself. After a few accidents in transport, and then during feeding, I bit the bullet and bought a few new sets today. And they aren't cheap!!! Ah well, I would rather pay the few bucks to get the new nipples rather than having all of my baby carriers stained, and milk/formula/juice/water pouring out from a lid that doesn't seal with the new nipples half the time. Just frustrating when a product doesn't do what it is supposed to do and then you have to advocate on your behalf.

That is one thing that motherhood has really brought home for me - becoming more assertive in a positive way. Like the nipples not working, or buying a can of formula for an arm and a leg only to find the can half full (and no, I told that customer service rep, the formula just hadn't settled to the bottom, it wasn't filled up properly!).

So that's that. I need to pack, and tidy up after myself (the house gets so much messier quicker since I have been home) and water my indoor plants and all those lovely little things that wait to get done. Looks like a great day to BBQ some burgers and hang in the yard.

No comments: