Friday, June 8, 2007

Overtired.

Brandon had his first fever this week. Of course, being a first time mom and having gone through what we have, after 24 hours I took him to our doc. Made sleep on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and last night seem optional because he woke up numerous times for either a few minutes or hours, and it feels like this week has gone by on wings. My moods have swung from elation (when I finally get to have a shower or finish a cup of tea, I am off the joe for now) to being really tired and somewhat emotional because of feeling a little stretched from not getting enough sleep.

Routines are good for mom too, not just the babes.

With a week like this, it sounds like a recipe for some retail therapy! Short trip to that somewhat evil swedish store to buy some picture frames, and then off to a park that borders the Fraser River. A few days ago when I went looky-looing, it had a big notice posted that it could be closing within 24 hours. Well, today the park was closed. Being the somewhat cheeky person that I am, and not seeing any flood waters creeping up through the industrial park, I drove through the industrial park to park kitty corner to the boat launch. Which also happened to be right next to a local news truck. For a closed park there were at least a dozen of us brazen folks who had to go to the river to have a look. It is definitely high, but seeing as it was close to low tide, it was more daunting checking out the high tide marks.

After which I did some mundane grocery shopping, grabbed some pics I ordered to put in my swanky new frames, and then came home to pre-order a certain book online. It has only been 17 months since we got married, but I finally have a few pics up on the wall. Not that I have printed out more than a handful, that will be a future project, getting an album put together!

AND to top it all off, Ken is playing a crazy late hockey game, and I just spent the last two hours on the phone chatting to Nej since Ken is out and Brandon sleeps (YAY!). Damn, it was a great chat. I have this stupid little grin on my face, and so much for being overtired. I am sure that once I go to bed, the slumber gods will hopefully be generous.

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

what is up with the time on yer blog? We got off the phone at midnight, not 6:35 pm! And man, I couldn't wind down either.

Thank god we'll see each other in person (and with alcohol!) next weekend!