Thursday, June 14, 2007

Current mood - crabby

Call it what you will, but I am borderline crabby right now. I am doing my best to fight off my crabbiness before it really starts looking like bitchiness *sigh*.

I am really looking forward to getting out of town on Saturday morning, but I am having a series of moments where I feel really scattered and not all that sure of where to start. I have a few projects started, but nothing is finished. I guess that is what the mad panic friday night is for... I have several lists on the go, which almost helps, but the interrupted sleep last night didn't help. I think that Brandon was up about 5ish, went back down about 7, we slept until about 9:30 since I was too exhausted to be much good to anyone let alone myself. Got a few errands done this morning, played and had some fun, and now he is down for his afternoon nap.

I think it comes down to I need a break from just being around here, dealing with the same old, same old. At times it has felt like I have done so much introspection I am more than happy with myself, but give it a rest, you know?

I guess this scattered blathering about crabbiness stems from feeling a little derailed right now. A little off kilter. I guess from the true unknowns about camping (even if we are in a cabin) with an infant, the 900 plus kilometer drive, and hoping that I have enough foresight to pack the bare essentials and then some to help things run smoothly. Probably also stemming from Brandon contracting a common childhood rash that took us off guard - the day after he finished his cycle of antibiotics from last week's fever. Gave us another scare (nothing like seeing your kid with bright red cheeks and little dots on their arms and legs), but it is a non-starter and a virus that runs its course with no side effects. Just time. Comes with the territory too, I suppose.

I can't wait to get out on the lake in a canoe, and just paddle. Maybe throw a line in, maybe do some hiking. I am also looking forward to chilling with Nej and the boys, some back yard games and a pail of something spiked. Turns out to be the perfect stopping place to where we are headed :D

A mood lifter has invaded - Ripley is sitting on my hands and pushing his face in to mine. I am glad that my moods don't usually settle for long, kind of hard when your cat just wants lots of loving and doesn't really settle for no, not right now.

2 comments:

Refinnej said...

Cats know. They're weird that way.

I took before photos of the Bucket tonight. There will be After photos. And then some Empty photos, if all goes well.

CAN'T wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey - did you go to the Bowron Lakes? We drove out there once - looked beautiful. My mom and dad have done the whole circuit a few times.