Thursday, October 12, 2006

The wall

I love being home with my son. Sometimes learning how to be a parent is a daunting task - we are blank slates when it comes to parenthood and learning everything the hard way (or so it seems some days) much like all parents do since our kids don't come with manuals and all we are doing is trying our best. Currently we are going through our first "family" cold, and I wish I could help him with his congestion as I hear him struggle with breathing through his nose. I can sympathize, I am pretty stuffed up too but at least I know how to blow "out".

I am not much of a television watcher, but when you are doing your feeds, there isn't much else you can do except for listen to music, make random phone calls, or stare off in to space if you aren't watching that evil box. I have been home for 3 months and already I am finding that my slight attention span to shows I actually like (all of course before noon when tv seems to take a real nose dive) is already starting to wane and my routines are continuing to evolve to occupy myself in different ways. I can forsee myself making a bunch of mixed CDs that I can put in to heavy rotation, and continuing to become more adept at the art of reading aloud and feeding.

Tried going down the hill first instead of up today. First off, I can't believe it is October and today was in the mid 20's! I could still get a tan!! And living in the middle of a hill should do wonders for my ass muscles by the end of maternity leave! Am also discovering the limits of what I can stuff in the bottom of the stroller. Coming up the hill, with my inside voice cheering every successful step up the hill, one stretch of the hill does not have a sidewalk. Like, WTF? As a city planner, you all of a sudden decided that for 2 blocks in the middle, who needs the sidewalk? Then after I switched sides for the 2 blocks since I was not making progress without the sidewalk in the grass and gravel pathway worn down on the one side... some idiot decided to park their pick up and RV on the other side, nicely blocking most of the sidewalk. At least my swearing under my breath and trying not to fist wave at the wankers momentarily distracted me from the uphill journey.

Successful mission - we are now the proud owners of a vaporizer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can patent your workout: live on a big-ass hill & get rid of your ass. Woo!