Wednesday, October 18, 2006

nostalgia - already

Brandon and I are playing dress up today out of sheer desperation.

The main drawer of clothes contains clothes ranging from birth through 9 months old. With the rapid weight gain in the last 2 months, I suspected that it was time to be putting some of the first sizes away.

I can't believe the range of emotions I feel about Brandon growing out of clothes. He is gurgling away in the crib while I try to wrap my mind around the fact that he is no longer in 3 month old clothes, he is already in 6 month old stuff. That and the range of sizes within one size. I guess the disparity in clothing starts right from birth and not just in women's clothes like I have thought for the last several decades of my life.

I look at the first clothes that he wore, and already I can feel the "oh he was so cute when he was so small." The milestones are highlights because your child is doing what they are supposed to - which is begin the process of growing up - but man, it happens even quicker than I thought it would!!!!

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

No worries - I totally understand. There was quite a bit on my "I should be doing this or that" last week and well, none of it really got done. Some weeks you are a superstar, and some weeks you just coast through it because everything else is demanding yer attention!